Aurora Downtown Hosts ‘Egg Hunt on The Island’ April 9 – Kane County Connects
Aurora Downtown will hold its annual Island Egg Hunt from 1-3 p.m. on Saturday, April 9, with an in-store scavenger hunt continuing through Easter.
The free, fun-for-all-ages Egg Hunt on April 9 invites families to explore downtown Aurora, visit participating businesses and museums, make crafts, and participate in scavenger hunts .
Similar to a First Fridays event, there are multiple participating venues, each offering a unique opportunity to profit. The event is rain or shine.
“We are excited to return to an in-person event this year and involve over a dozen downtown businesses in our non-traditional, downtown-wide egg hunt event,” said Marissa Amoni, director of Aurora Downtown, a nonprofit organization of downtown businesses and homeowners.
Visitors are encouraged to stop by Bunny’s at the Millennium Plaza Gazebo on Stolp Avenue for free photos and to grab a map that will lead them to entertainment and treats throughout downtown Aurora.
Join the fun!
Sites participating in the egg hunt on the island on April 9 include:
- Simply Destinee, 122 W. Downer Place, will host pop-up vendors and offer crafts.
- Hope for 2morrow Empowerment Center, 54 W. Downer Place, will provide a craft table.
- Tredwell Coffee, 14 W. Downer Pace, Suite 18, will be a coloring stop.
- Wyckwood House, 14 W. Downer Place, Suite 16, will be an egg stop.
- Zen Loft Wellness Center 6 W. Downer Place, will be open with a petting zoo, coloring pages and play stations. Visitors are also welcome to hang out in hammocks and Shop I at the Angeles Metaphysical Shop.
- The GAR Memorial Museum, 23 E. Downer Pl., will host a scavenger hunt and games.
- Aurora Historical Society, at the DLP Art and History Center, 20 E. Downer Place, will be hosting a scavenger hunt as part of the “Aurora Story” exhibit. Find and check off the items listed on the clue sheet.
- Hope Chest Aurora, 34 N. Lincoln Ave., will invite customers to choose an egg for a percentage off their total purchase. Children can choose an egg for a chance to win something free.
- Stolp Island Social, 5 E. Galena Boulevard, will be offering egg-shaped cookies, while supplies last.
- Ballydoyle Irish Pub, 28 W. New York St., will be a stopping point for eggs.
- Aurora Public Library District, Santori Library, 101 S. River St., will feature balloon twisting by Papa Balloon, bunny hunt and egg art by local students.
- Society 57, 100 S. River St. will host fun activities for kids and a balloon photo wall.
- The Christian Community Church, located at 78 S. LaSalle Street, will host an egg hunt with activities such as bracelet making, a goody bag and a photo with the Easter Bunny.
- If these walls could talk Custom Framing and Gallery 32 S. Stolp Ave., will be a coloring stop.
- Pure Skin Solutions, 26 S. Stolp Ave., will host an egg bar for visitors to fill and decorate their eggs, while supplies last.
- Aroma Roots Bath & Body | Obsidian Clothing, 32 N. Broadway, will be an egg stop.
- Chupacabra Puerto Rican Kitchen, 31 N. Broadway, will be an egg stop.
- A showcase scavenger hunt in collaboration with Adventures in Scavenger Hunting will begin April 1 and run through Easter Sunday.
For more information, visit www.auroradowntown.org.
About Aurora Downtown
Aurora Downtown is a non-profit group of businesses and property owners within Special Service Area (SSA) One dedicated to making Downtown Aurora a premier destination for arts, culture , entertainment, restaurants, life and work.
Learn more about www.auroradowntown.org.
SOURCE: Aurora Downtown press release